When to Use | Benefits | How it Works | Science & Research
Compatibility | Application Rate | Directions | Video
Advanced nitrogen management technology to increase nitrogen efficiencies through improved agronomics and handling.
Stop wasting fertilizer! ARM U™ is a soil fertilizer additive that allows plants to absorb and utilize nitrogen, which otherwise disappears too quickly through conversion to ammonia gas. Give your crop the opportunity to flourish with the nitrogen it needs for healthy, rapid growth.
Whenever urea or UAN fertilizer is applied to soil.
Nitrogen is essential for plant life and growth and is therefore a component of many fertilizers. However, up to 50% of the nitrogen applied as soil fertilizer is unavailable to plants because it is quickly converted to ammonia gas and released into the atmosphere. ARM U™ prevents this enzymatic process, allowing nitrogen to be absorbed through the plant roots. Unlike other NBPT formulations, ARM U™ is an improved formulation that contains polymers (spreader molecules) that increase NBPT's binding rates to urease enzyme leading to improved NBPT activity. This increased activity enables a lower percentage of active ingredient and a lower use rate while maintaining efficacy. This increased activity enables a lower active ingredient and a lower use rate. In addition, ARM U™ is formulated to have a high buffering capacity to keep the solution pH below 7 and to protect and fully utilize the nitrogen present in the NBPT molecule.
For the best results, use the complete line of recommended Active AgriScience™ products for your crop.
Wheat: Active Prime™, Active Build™, Active Complete™, Proform N™, Active Konnect™, Micronutrients as needed.
Corn, Hops: Active Prime™, Active Build™, Active Flower™, Active Complete™, Proform N™, Micronutrients as needed.
Canola, Soybean, Pulses, Tomatoes, Vegetables: Active Prime™, Active Build™, Active Flower™, Proform N™, Active Konnect™, Micronutrients as needed.
Tree Fruit, Tree Nuts: Active Build™, Active Flower™, Active Complete™, Proform N™, Active Konnect™, Micronutrients as needed.
Berries: Active Build™, Active Flower™, Proform N™, Active Konnect™, Micronutrients as needed.
How it Works
ARM U™ contains N-(n-butyl) thiophosphoric triamide (NBPT), which inhibits the urease enzyme activity that produces ammonia gas. By stopping nearly 96% of the volatilization loss, plants have the opportunity to absorb and utilize the nitrogen necessary for photosynthesis and production of protein.
Science & Research
INCREASED NBPT EFFICACY & EFFICIENCY: Reduces nitrogen loss better than any other product on the market.
REDUCED REQUIREMENT FOR UREA/UAN: By reducing nitrogen loss as ammonia by 96%, the requirement for nitrogen fertilizer can be reduced by 20-30%.
REDUCED ODOR: ARM U™ is a buffered formula that stabilizes NBPT molecules by protecting nitrogen at a neutral pH and preventing odorous ammonia emission.
DUST CONTROL: ARM U™ contains bio-polymers and spreaders that quickly cover urea granules, allowing for a smooth flow and reduction in dust.
GREAT FOR COLDER CLIMATES: Stays in liquid form up to -15C, making it easy to handle and store in cooler conditions.
INCREASED CHLOROPHYLL: By allowing the absorption of nitrogen, the development of chlorophyll is supported, fostering photosynthetic energy production and storage for increased health and growth.
INCREASED PROTEIN: Increased nitrogen absorption supports the production of plant proteins, including DNA and RNA, allowing plants to manifest their full genetic potential.
INCREASED GROWTH & YIELD: By supporting the production of chlorophyll, protein, and nucleic acids, plants grow faster, stronger, and healthier, producing an overall higher yield.
Compatible with urea, urea ammonium nitrate and other urea based fertilizers.
1.5 L ARM U™ / 1000 L UAN solution
2 L ARM U™ / 1000 kg UREA
1.5 qt ARM U™ / 250 gal UAN solution
2 qt ARM U™ / 2000 lb UREA
UAN Additive Directions
- ARM U™ is designed as an additive to UAN solution fertilizer applied to soil. It can be combined with other compatible agrochemicals. (See Compatibility Chart. If the agrochemical is not listed a compatibility test is required before mixing.)
- Always start with a clean mixing tank.
- Add ½ of the desired amount of UAN solution to the mixing tank.
- Add the required amount of ARM U™ and mix well.
- Add the required amount of other agrochemicals, if being used, and mix well.
- Add the remaining ½ amount of UAN solution and mix well.
- Apply to soil.
Urea Additive Directions
- ARM U™ is designed as an additive to urea fertilizer applied to soil. It can be combined with other compatible agrochemicals. (See Compatibility Chart. If the agrochemical is not listed a compatibility test is required before mixing.)
- For uniform mixing, use a blender with impregnation equipment.
- Weigh the urea and transfer to the blender.
- Add the required amount of ARM U™ to the urea in the blender.
- Blend until the ARM U™ is uniformly mixed into the urea. Do not add any other fertilizer materials until ARM U™ is thoroughly distributed.
- If mixture appears wet or sticky, a drying agent may be added at this time.
- Add other compatible agrochemicals, if desired, and mix well.
- Apply to soil.