To verify outcomes, we highly recommend testing Active AgriScience’s products in small, replicated plot trials before using them in large acreages. As yield increases can be affected by variables in soils, weather conditions, presence of pests, disease occurrences, cultivar differences, etc, Active AgriScience Inc. cannot guarantee that its Foliar Nutrients, while providing added nutrition to the plant, will result in a given yield increase, if any. Please follow this protocol when conducting the plot trials. Always contact your Sales Rep or technical help at Active AgriScience if you are unclear on any of the steps explained in following protocol.Protocol for conducting small plot trials with the following Active AgriScience Inc’s Foliar products:
Active Boron, Active BUILD, Active COMPLETE, Active Copper, Active FLOWER, Active GrainFILL, Active Iron, Active KONNECT, Active PodFILL, Active UAN, Active VPR, Active VPR PLUS, Active Zinc, Proform N, Active THRIVE, Active SEED.
Minimum Plot Size: 5’ x 21’ (1.5 x 6.5 metres).
Site Selection: All the treatments should be located side by side in a given location.
Prepare Data Recording Chart: Use the Active AgriScience template or one of your own. Be sure to include spaces for date, time, chemical(s) sprayed, lot numbers, spray rate, crop stage, 10 Day Observation, Yield, Signature & Date Lines: Farmer or Farmer’s Rep, Sales rep.
Replicates: Minimum 3 replicates. Treatments should be randomly allocated within a replicate. If there is a gradient in the land (slope, moisture, nutrients, soil) please allocate the treatments in a Randomized Complete Block Design (RCBD).
Treatments: Make sure the products are applied at correct growth stage of the crop and follow the label instructions. Foliar Spraying is best done in the early morning.
- Treatment 1 – Check: Regular Program farmer is currently practicing.
- Treatment 2 – Foliar Nutrient Plot: Regular Program + Active AgriScience’s Foliar Nutrient.
- Treatment 3 – Foliar Nutrient + Tank Mix Partner: (if farmer is planning to apply Active AgriScience’s foliar nutrient with an herbicide/fungicide/insecticide/other agrochemicals) Regular Program + Tank Mix Partner + Active AgriScience’s Foliar Nutrient.
Please follow Active AgriScience’s compatibility chart for chemical compatibility. If unsure, please do a small jar test before mixing.
Leave Guard Rows on either side of a replicate.
Mixing Rates: Follow label recommendations.
- Agrochemical (herbicide/fungicide/insecticide/other agrochemical).
- Active AgriScience’s Foliar Nutrient.
- Ensure the tank is absolutely clean with no residues present - especially if the sprayer has been previously used for spraying herbicides.
- Add half of the recommended water volume.
- Begin agitation.
- Add recommended dose of agrochemical if tank mixing with an agrochemical.
- Add your chosen Active AgriScience’s Foliar Nutrient product.
- Add rest of the water.
- Continue agitating the mixture for 3-5 minutes before spraying.
- Test the sprayer in an open area for proper spray droplets and make sure the emitters are working properly.
- Early morning is better for foliar sprays.
- Start spraying check first and then continue with rest of the treatments sequentially.
- If any other agrochemicals are applied to control pests and diseases, apply them equally on all replicates.
- Maintain agitation while spraying.
- Record date and time on prepared chart.
- Record the chemical sprayed, lot numbers, spray rates.
- Record the stage of the crop.
- Properly place the signs with treatment applied in each replicate.
- Observe the trial around 10 days after the treatment application and make notes on how the crop is progressing, any visual differences, any pest and disease occurrences to be noticed.
Harvesting and Data Reporting:
- Inform the rep when planning to harvest. Presence of the Sales Rep is mandatory when harvesting.
- Harvest the middle two rows of each replicate of each treatment for yield assessment.
- Use a weigh wagon or any other accurate method of measuring the yield.
- Record the yield as bu/acre.
- Both the farmer/farmer’s representative and the rep can witness the weigh numbers.
You may wish to take photos just before spraying, at the 10-day observation point and just prior to harvest to aid in analysis.
Please ensure the Sales Rep is able to get a copy of the chart.